First Year Experience Program (FYE)
The FYE Program was designed especially for YOU- the first time college student- to assist in your transition from high school to campus life at Clovis 社区 College. Starting college can be both stressful and exciting, but as part of the Clovis CRUSH family, 你有支持. The FYE program will assist and support you during your first semester and beyond.
Students will enroll in INTDS 50 (College Success), which is a three-unit class. The class is taught by a CCC faculty member with additional support from counselors and student success coaches.
The FYE Program is available to all students in their first year of college. The best time to take the class is in the student's first semester to ensure a more successful transition to college academics and activities.
Benefits of the program
- The INTDS 50 class counts in Area E for CSU general education. This means three (3) transferable units! INTDS 50 also counts as elective credit to the UC system.
- Dedicated faculty working together to provide a supportive and encouraging environment.
- A counselor and student success coaches dedicated to FYE students.
- The skills you learn in the FYE Program will help with your overall success in college and life.
- 作为一名FYE学生, you will receive specialized services and programs not available to the general student population, including presentations from financial aid, 图书馆服务, and guest speakers.
- Become a part of the community with service learning/volunteer opportunities both on and off-campus.
- Research shows that students enrolled in an FYE program are more successful. According to the U.S. Department of Education, "First-year experience courses were found to have potentially positive effects on credit accumulation, degree attainment (college), and general academic achievement (college) for freshman college students."
Consult WebAdvisor and/or the Clovis 社区 College Schedule of Classes for the list of available classes.
Interdisciplinary Studies 50 (INTDS 50):
INTDS 50 (College Success) is designed for first-year college students and provides an exploration of cognitive, 心理, 社会, and physical factors influencing success in college, 职场世界, 和生活中. Topics include personal responsibility, 批判性思维, 动机, 自我效能感, 自我意识, 终身学习, 自我管理, health and wellness, interpersonal communication in a diverse world, educational pl安ing, and service-learning.
For further information on the FYE Program, please contact one of the following from our support team:
Ann Brandon, Reading Instructor and FYE Instructional Lead
Carla Stoner-Brito, Counselor and FYE 咨询 Lead